Influencer Marketing

“El Chapo” Guzman’s daughter is getting ready to launch a new line of beer inspired by her father.

The new brew, which is awaiting approval from the Mexican government to go to market, is part of the “El Chapo 701” brand run by El Chapo’s daughter Alejandrina Guzman Salazar.

In this example, it is clear that Influencer marketing has no industry, no age, no colour or moral. It simply finds its traits embedded in the minds of its followers for some reason or another.

In this scenario, we see a marketing strategy hinged on business strengths through a brand awareness strategy using an influencer marketing tactic. El Chapo is notoriously famous, so it begs the question “why not use his fame to sell its family’s line of products and services.

Is there a target audience that aligns themselves to El Chapo.

Last year influencer marketing spend rose and its percentage of the total marketing budget in many industries and it shows no signs of slowing down in 2020.

On the major Social Media platforms, “Instagram remains the preferred platform for influencer marketing with Facebook 85%, then YouTube at 67%. Snapchat and Twitter trailed further behind at 44% and 33%, respectively,” reported eMarketer.

 So, what’s coming in 2020?

At best, influencers marketing will continue to grow and there will be more high-profile ad campaigns, featuring influencers.

However, while these updates within the digital space have been exciting, there has since been an outcry for developments to ensure that the industry becomes a much more authentic and transparent space. Here area few top predictions for influencer marketing in 2020 and beyond…

Consumers will become much more conscious of a brand’s marketing tactics. They will no longer tolerate creators who promote products that are misaligned with their ethos or do not appear to be authentic to the creator.

Therefore, long-term partnerships between brands and creators will really take off for long-lasting relationships that will allow creators to bring their creativity and expertise into the mix, which will ultimately make for more genuine and effective campaigns.

Content creators content assets reusability. It is predicted that about 60% of a campaign’s budget goes towards reaching the target audience, while the remaining spend of 40% is spent on content creation. Brands will now seek the right to reuse the content across a range of marketing channels, such as print, outdoor, digital and TV.

By repurposing content for alternative marketing methods, brands will be able to reach wider audiences in a super authentic way.

A better understanding of a business’ audience will also be a major priority in order to generate super-effective content.

Brand purpose will become essential

Consumers want to know that a brand exists for a reason other than simply to make money, and bringing those values home, as part of a marketing strategy, this will be an essential element for brands who want to successfully influence their target audience.

Purpose-driven narratives will become essential to influencer marketing campaigns.

Consumers are looking out for a brand that matches their own values, and the closer that match is, the more likely they are to form a trusted relationship, as consumers will soon see straight through disingenuous campaigns.

Video content will thrive and will continue to be in the spotlight. Videos are incredibly popular with consumers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *